I love creating new smoothie combinations. I never think about it much, usually I just throw random things into my blender and see what happens. I do however always try and add at least one vegetable, usually more and a good source of fat and/or protein for satiation. Sometimes they taste quite nice, sometimes not so much haha. Then there are times when the combination turns out so good that I actually consider it worth sharing and write it down. Like this one.
You will notice that the veggies in my recipes (like the spinach here) are mostly cooked, which – especially for a smoothie is probably rather unusual. The reason for this is that I suffer from a range of gastrointestinal problems = meaning my digestion isn’t exactly strong. Cooked vegetables are easier to handle for my tummy, plus I must say by now I prefer the texture the smoothies get compared to raw veggies. Feel free to use uncooked spinach here if you would prefer that.
Creamy green smoothie bowl (gluten-free, dairy-free, vegan, paleo)
- a big handful of cooked spinach
- ½ Avocado
- ¼ orange
- a small handful of grapes
- a slice of ginger
- 1 heaping tbsp ground tiger nuts
- ½ cup full-fat coconut milk
- ½ cup cold water
- 3 tsp chia seeds
- Blend everything apart from the chia seeds in your mixer.
- Pour into a bowl, stir in chia seeds and let it sit for about 10 minutes so the seeds have time to swell.
- Add your favourite toppings. A few tiger nuts and some more grapes go nicely with this one!