The reactions when I first posted a sweet omelette on my Instagram were something like this „Whatttt? Sweet eggs? Eeeew“…Ok maybe not as drastic, but you get my point ;). It may seem unusual or not appealing at first. But trust me. You don’t know what you’re missing. I urge you to try it. The combination of an omelette with the sweetness of the apples and the incredible taste of salted caramel (not real caramel, but you won’t notice the difference) is AH-MA-ZING! I wanted to eat this all day for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Other combinations like eggs and berries (and nut butter, yes NUT BUTTER!!) are lovely too. Give it a try! Hope you enjoy xx
Apple Egg-Wrap with Salted Caramel Sauce (paleo, gluten-free, dairy-free, vegetarian)
- 2 eggs
- ½ tsp
- 1 small red apple
- 4 tsp coconut sugar
- 210 ml coconut milk
- 10 small dates, pitted
- Sea salt
- Coconut oil
- Whisk the eggs along with the vanilla and a pinch of salt in a medium bowl.
- Fry like an omelette over medium heat for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- For the filling chop up the apple and fry it in some coconut oil over medium heat for about 5-6 minutes.
- While you do this, stir in 2 tsp of the coconut sugar.
- For the sauce combine coconut milk, dates, coconut sugar and a good pinch of sea salt in a tall container.
- Blend using an immersion blender until smooth, add more sea salt if you want to.
- Slather some of the caramel sauce onto the wrap, top with fried apple, add some more sauce (cause there’s no such thing as too much salted caramel sauce) and wrap it up!
You should have plenty of leftover sauce to top your smoothie bowls, chia pods or oatmeals with for the next few days – you’re welcome!